topic: 382Half Diamond Check Rail
author remove search highlighting

posted: 23 Mar 2008 14:00

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I can't seem to get the Half Diamond Check Rail function to do anything. When I select on any of the options the check rails don't change. I've tried with a half diamond with angles from 5.75 to 8, but they don't seem to change.

What might be a factor is that I did a make ladder crossover from a turnout where I'd changed some of the wing and check rail lengths. I had gone through and reset them, but this hadn't made a difference.

I also started another copy of Templot, but that reloaded my current plan, and even though I'd cleared on the program panel, some of the settings in Templot where still from that plan, so I can't be sure that I'm starting with a fresh turnout. (i.e. it might still be inheriting some value that is making this function not work as expected.)

On loading another copy of Templot, this time I was asked if I wanted to reload, I said no, and managed to get the Half Diamond Check Rail to function as expected. So I guess my question is: what settings is effecting this function?

Thanks

posted: 23 Mar 2008 19:58

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Richard,
On loading another copy of Templot, this time I was asked if I wanted to reload, I said no, and managed to get the Half Diamond Check Rail to function as expected. So I guess my question is: what settings is effecting this function?
Can you clarify whether you are referring to the V-crossing check rails or the K-crossing check rails? A half-diamond template has both. There are some additional controls for shortening the V-crossing check rails on a half-diamond template to clear slip switches, which may account for the effect you saw, if these controls had previously been used.

Check rails are the biggest headache and over the years I have changed the code several times to try to cover all the situations which arise. It is still confusing. The difficulty is to allow you to change them to whatever you want, but still have Templot know what to do with them when you change the crossing angle.

Waiting in the wings is yet another implementation, a separate check rail function similar to the Shove Timbers function. You should be able to click on a check rail and manipulate it with the mouse. :) However it's not yet fully working, so I can't say when it will make it into a pug. :(

regards,

Martin.

posted: 23 Mar 2008 23:28

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

It was the V crossing rails - but I see that the "Half Diamond Check Rail" doesn't shorten the checkrails below an angle of 1:6, and I've found if I do a "B6 turnout reset", and then start from there it worked out all fine!

I was going to post again, but got dragged out.

A mouse action for the checkrails would be good :D

Thanks

Richard.

posted: 25 Mar 2008 04:07

BeamEnds

I had a similar hiccup with my single slip (see Soddingham thread), for some reason the V check rail on the bottom half of the diamond that the slip is based on would not respond to the "shorten for slip" menu item. Not a show stopper, so I didn't raise it as a bug, plus I'd been messing around with the slip for ages so I've probaby done something daft. I'd not had this happen pre the lastest release, but that could be a red herring.

Cheers
Richard

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Half Diamond Check Rail
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020