author remove search highlighting

posted: 8 Jun 2009 16:14

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hello

I've had an Epson 1200 for many many years, and it's given faultless operation over most of that time (the only time it hasn't is with banner printing with Templot, but always my fault.)

The reason it's died? It's run out of Blank Ink, and I'm not prepared to pay double the price I paid last time. From 16UKP to 33UKP, both online and local store price.

These are prices for Epson carts - which I've always purchased in the past.

I wonder if anyone could give suggestions for "no-name" carts that won't break the printer*? Or reliable online stores for Ink?

Thanks

* In the past I've always been sniffy of no-names carts as I've heard stories of them clogging etc. The carts aren't chipped though.
Last edited on 8 Jun 2009 16:14 by richard_t
posted: 8 Jun 2009 16:33

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

Hi Richard

I use inkandstuff for my Epson 1250. 5 black and 5 colour for the price of 1 Epson colour. I can't see any difference in the quality even when printing photo's. See link below.

http://www.inkandstuff.co.uk/

Cheers Phil

posted: 8 Jun 2009 16:38

richard_t

Phil O wrote:
Hi Richard

I use inkandstuff for my Epson 1250. 5 black and 5 colour for the price of 1 Epson colour. I can't see any difference in the quality even when printing photo's. See link below.

http://www.inkandstuff.co.uk/

Cheers Phil

Thanks but they don't have 1200 carts :(

edit: I take that back - should have done a site search first!

posted: 8 Jun 2009 22:25

Geoff Cook

Stoke On Trent - United Kingdom

Richard

Have a look at

http://www.cushtydeals.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_4_81

I use cartridges from them for my Epson 900 and do not have any problems

Geoff Cook

posted: 8 Jun 2009 22:40

Nigel Brown

Just looked at Epson's own online outlet. Think you'll find the prices are still the same, the £33 is for a two-pack.

cheers
Nigel

posted: 9 Jun 2009 07:53

richard_t

Nigel Brown wrote:
Just looked at Epson's own online outlet. Think you'll find the prices are still the same, the £33 is for a two-pack.

cheers
Nigel

I thought that and double checked in PC world and it was for a single (the same story on the few online places I checked). Epson's online is a bit cheaper, I need the T0501 cart. I don't know where the C13S02020640 comes from.

Thanks anyhow.

posted: 9 Jun 2009 12:17

Graham Idle

Redhill, Surrey - United Kingdom

Hi,

I don't know if this is what you want, but you could try

http://www.prink.co.uk/ink-cartridges/pages/epsonphoto1200.htm .

I use them for my Canon cartridges and find their delivery, cost and quality very good.

Regards, Graham

posted: 9 Jun 2009 12:49

Jim Guthrie

United Kingdom

richard_t wrote:
I thought that and double checked in PC world and it was for a single (the same story on the few online places I checked). Epson's online is a bit cheaper, I need the T0501 cart. I don't know where the C13S02020640 comes from.

Thanks anyhow.
Richard,

The sad fact is that PC World did sell Epson compatible cartridges under their PC-Line badge.  They were very cheap - I think I remember the black cartridge for my printer being well under £5.   I got some of these cartridges and they worked very well,  but when I went back to replace them last year,  there was no sign of them.  I can only assume that Epson had managed to get PC World to withdraw the products so that they could sell their much more expensive products.

As an aside,  I now don't consider getting another Epson printer.   I got a Stylus 1500 A2 printer some years ago to print out large plots.  It would work in black only and had a relatively huge black cartridge somewhat larger than the palm of my hand which lasted me for literally years.  I replaced it with a 1520 and found that that used cartridges which were no bigger than those used on their small A4 deskjets and you had to have both black and colour cartridges with ink in them to get the printer to work.  If you don't use it regularly,  when you switch it on it goes through the automatic head cleaning routine which probably uses more ink than your intended printing is going to use.   I see that as an intentional design feature to screw me for more cartidges at higher cost. :D  If I can afford it,  I'll look at getting a larger format HP printer.  My experience with other HP printers shows that I can get a much better deal from cartridge usage.

Jim.

posted: 9 Jun 2009 21:37

Brian W Lewis

Lakeland - United Kingdom

Hi Richard!

I use "http://www.printerinks.com" although not for Epson (I use Canon and Brother).

On their website search screen select "Epson" then in the next box "Photo series" then in the third box "Epson Stylus 1200". All these boxes are drop-down lists.

Several "deals" available (including T050 equivalents on their own). Example: 3 x T001 Colour and 3 x T050 Black £11.89 inc VAT.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Brian W Lewis (Lakeland)

posted: 10 Jun 2009 20:59

Dave Smith

Copthorne - United Kingdom

Cheapest I've seen is at  7Dayshop.com

Cheers

Dave

posted: 14 Oct 2009 23:29

Jamie92208

Try Asda, They have introuced their own brand of cartidges and I can get the 56 and 57 for my HP at half the HP price and 60% below the price of a refill at Cartridge world.  I don't know exactly what the range is but its worth looking.

Jamie

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Death of a printer...
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020