topic: 865Change templates scale/gauge curves and moves template
author remove search highlighting

posted: 11 Jun 2009 21:12

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I was looking at the differences between exact scale 7mm and Scale7 - sorry very bored.

I changed a straight C8 templates scale/gauge to Exact scale 7mm, using the Template/Gauge and Scale menu option and the Templot moved the template and curved it to 2027mm radius and shifted it. I played about with combinations and they all moved and curved the templates.

Just wondered if that what is expected.

Richard.

posted: 11 Jun 2009 21:51

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

richard_t wrote:
I changed a straight C8 templates scale/gauge to Exact scale 7mm, using the Template/Gauge and Scale menu option and the Templot moved the template and curved it to 2027mm radius and shifted it. I played about with combinations and they all moved and curved the templates.

Just wondered if that what is expected.
Hi Richard,

Yes, this is controlled by the mint new / match original option setting:

mint_match1.pngmint_match1.png

mint_match2.pngmint_match2.png

Set match original to have the control template remain unchanged apart from the scale/gauge change.

Set mint new to have the control template freshly minted with the new scale/gauge. For an explanation of mint, see:

http://www.templot.com/martweb/gs_firstoff.htm

and scroll down to "Quick-Set Form" near the bottom.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 5 Jan 2015 21:04

keithj15

Northampton - United Kingdom

Hi Martin, I have added a v2.11 box file in OO-SF to my On30 plan as I wanted to use the 3-way template. But I find that even with the "match original" selected, as soon as I click a button or close the sleeper dialogue box -- the template moves out of position with the notch moved (from origin) to under the peg (at 0). This topic was started in 2009 so is with the earlier version, so what has changed?
Apologies if this has been posted before -- but tiredness and frustration have got the beter of me :(
regards
Keith

posted: 5 Jan 2015 21:33

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

keithj15 wrote:
Hi Martin, I have added a v2.11 box file in OO-SF to my On30 plan as I wanted to use the 3-way template. But I find that even with the "match original" selected, as soon as I click a button or close the sleeper dialogue box -- the template moves out of position with the notch moved (from origin) to under the peg (at 0). This topic was started in 2009 so is with the earlier version, so what has changed?
Hi Keith,

I'm not too clear what you are trying to do? Which sleeper dialog do you mean?

00-SF is 4mm/ft scale, 0n30 is 7mm/ft scale (or 1/4"). Having two different scales in the same storage box is possible, but you may get strange results with some functions.

Everything should work fine with different gauges, but I don't normally test everything with two different scales present, so you may have found a bug. For many functions Templot assumes the scale present in the control template applies to the entire boxful.

If you post your .box file(s) here we can sort it out. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 5 Jan 2015 23:46

keithj15

Hi Martin,
This is the box file for the On30 which is a plan for a corner module I am doing for another club member (Dale Corner-3_10.box) which actually contains the OO-SF templates in position plus a group of the same to the left. Along with the background shape of the board (Dale corner board.bgs).
The box/trackpad also includes all the variations and attempts to make something interesting -- or insane -- all part of the humour of the modular group!

The OO-SF box file is one that was posted by Brian Nicholls (I think) some time ago (3 way version A2_BN_Sample.box)

Just to recap - I have added the above box file to my On30, jiggled it into position on the "board" shape and then tried to change it to the On30 settings starting with the gauge, which is when stuff moves all over the place. I am mainly interested in the 3-way, but it would be nice to do the rest if poss. I realise that a certain amount of timber shoving will also be required -- par for the course.

I started working with the above after fruitless attempts to create a On30 version of Peco's medium radius OO/HO 3-way point, the mechanics of the switch blades proved to be beyond my meager talents. So any tips on how to overcome that problem would also be very welcome :-)

regards
Keith
Attachment: attach_2031_865_Dale_Corner-3_10.box 238

posted: 5 Jan 2015 23:48

keithj15

And the background shape...
Attachment: attach_2032_865_Dale_corner_board.bgs 224

posted: 5 Jan 2015 23:49

keithj15

and the OO-SF box file
Attachment: attach_2033_865_3_way_version_A2_BN_Sample.box 227

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Change templates scale/gauge curves and moves template
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020