topic: 987Blackwell Road
author remove search highlighting

posted: 10 Dec 2009 01:48

ClikC

Sidmouth Near Exeter - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I've been working on this for the past few days. Still needs a good tidy up and a session of timber nudging, along with adding the slip roads to the diamond for the yard (Which I've already completed on an older version of the plan).

The layout itself is a small parcels depot and TMD based loosely in the location of Blackwell road in Carlisle and primarily serving the Cumbrian Coast Line circa 1974/5.

Bottom most track is just a loop with holding sidings, the track above it exits to the hidden storage. The first point (C10) serves the TMD which features a two road shed, refueling road / head-shunt and a siding (A7) for a couple of TTA wagons of diesel.

I'd like to hear any comments and suggestions regarding tidying up the plan. And while I'm without doubt that the overall plan is highly unrealistic, I'd appreciate input as to anything I can do to increase realism overall.

For instance, I'm not sure if I should include a trap point on the main exit from the shed. I'm planning on having a small ground frame to operate the double slip and the shed point, with a leaver on extended timbers for the siding. Carlisle PSB would likely be in-charge of the C10 for shed access. I'd also be interested in the best way to operate the two crossovers which will be sandwiched between platforms,

Any input greatly received.

Regards

Matt
Attachment: attach_703_987_Blackwell_Road_5a.box 408
Last edited on 10 Dec 2009 01:50 by ClikC
posted: 3 Jan 2010 21:08

ClikC

Okay here is the latest version of my RMweb 2010 layout challenge "Train set".

1764_031533_130000000.png1764_031533_130000000.png

I really should have added more detail to the orginal post, but basicly this is intended to be my first P4 layout (and well the first working layout of my own since the old 6'x4' and two failed attempts at restarting). The RMweb 2010 challenge arrived and I put on hold the plans I currently had for a P4 version of Dalston in cumbria. Basic down to the fact i wanted something "working" in P4, and also felt i needed a test peice for trying out things such as contructing P4 track and baseboard building to a high standard. The latter being the overall failure of my two previous re-start attemps. So with the 10 month-ish time peiod to contruct the layout and the use of RTP items and various quick start P4 track items I'm confedent of really getting somewhere with this project.

I've finalised all the sidings and parcel depot track, but the two main roads for the loco shed are the only two in doubt, I intend to use the bachmann RTP diesel shed, which i realy should buy and work out all the required dementions of. And I'm debating adding a check rail to the curve for the oil siding (It's the only curve sharp enough to warrant one by prototype standards). I've also completed all of the timber shoving, which is quite messy in places, mainly due to the baseboard joints, but it is certainly the tidiest I've been able to come up with.

I'll wing a copy of the screen shot over to Photoshop later, and have a toy about with adding buildings and the like, i'll also post another reply in a moment, with an attachment of the shape file, which contains all the baseboard data (including support beams etc).

Regards

Matt
Attachment: attach_717_987_Blackwell_Road_Final_1a.box 364

posted: 3 Jan 2010 21:09

ClikC

And here is the Shape File.

Regards

Matt.
Attachment: attach_718_987_2010_baseboard.bgs 320

posted: 10 Jan 2010 23:59

ClikC

Just an update to say I have now (in my mind) 100% finished the plan for Blackwell road, any comments, suggestions and critisisms would be welcome before I commit the plan to print and start gluing it to the boards.
Attachment: attach_720_987_Blackwell_Road_Completed.box 346

posted: 11 Jan 2010 00:02

ClikC

And here is an updated shape file too. This version includes the position of the loco shed and finalized possitions of the shed roads.

Regards

Matt
Attachment: attach_721_987_Blackwell_Road_Base_Board_+_Shed.bgs 335

Templot Club > Forums > Share and show > Blackwell Road
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020