Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 990FS0 B6 Double Slip problem
author remove search highlighting

posted: 17 Dec 2009 17:47

awhite

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Please can anyone of you experts help me. I thought I had managed my first fine scale 0 gauge double slip to go with a B6 turnout. But I seem to have lost part of it and I've now spent ages trying to recover the lost parts, but just keep remaking existing parts. Any suggestions or help to finish it again welcome?
And does anyone have a box file of a similar size and scale B6 outside slip/scissors (I'm not sure of terminology)
Tony[img]">
Attachment: attach_704_990_Double_slip_B6_under_construction.box 278

posted: 17 Dec 2009 19:36

Alan McMillan

Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Hi Tony

I've completed the slip for you. The K crossing wing rails will need to be slightly modified at their ends since they foul the slip roads at the moment because of their length.

Regards

Alan McMillan
Attachment: attach_705_990_Slip_Query.box 360

posted: 17 Dec 2009 21:56

awhite

Alan McMillan wrote:
Hi Tony

I've completed the slip for you. The K crossing wing rails will need to be slightly modified at their ends since they foul the slip roads at the moment because of their length.

Regards

Alan McMillan
Thanks Alan

That was quick! Not sure I can modify the drawing of the "K crossing wing rails", but shouldn't be a problem when I make it as I hope the problem and solution will be obvious, when I try to run a pair of wheels through it.

Regards

Tony

posted: 17 Dec 2009 23:04

Alan McMillan

Hi Tony

I just meant that you would need to modify them during the build. In order to modify their length in the drawing would have meant creating two further partial templates and I'm afraid my other half wanted onto the computer at that point!

Regards

Alan

posted: 19 Dec 2009 14:50

awhite

Alan McMillan wrote:
Hi Tony
I just meant that you would need to modify them during the build. In order to modify their length in the drawing would have meant creating two further partial templates and I'm afraid my other half wanted onto the computer at that point!
Regards
Alan
Alan
I had to have a go at correcting it as when I laid it out full size it looked a bit dubious. I think I've modified the template along the lines suggested. Any comments on the modified version? Before I start cutting rail.
Regards
Tony
Attachment: attach_710_990_Double_Slip_V6_version_3.box 372

posted: 20 Dec 2009 11:50

Alan McMillan

Hi Tony

It looked fine except that I've taken the K crossing check rails and put a machined flare on them as they would not have been cut off square like that. Have fun building it!

Regards

Alan
Attachment: attach_712_990_Slip_Query.box 295
Last edited on 20 Dec 2009 11:51 by Alan McMillan
posted: 20 Dec 2009 12:39

awhite

Thanks Alan
Yes that looks much better. I think I'm ready to start building with that.
Regards
Tony

posted: 20 Dec 2009 13:36

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hmm.

Tony, it will print more neatly if you change the order of the templates so that the underlying half-diamond templates are at the start of the storage box, i.e. move them up to be template nos. 1 and 2.

The switch tips are not supported on the timbers, which will not look at all good when the slide chairs have been added. The switch tips should be supported on the first slide chair, not hanging in fresh air between the timbers. :(

Alan, why have you put the V-crossing check rails on separate partial templates? You can modify the original ones, surely?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 20 Dec 2009 13:49

Alan McMillan

Hi Martin

I thought I had to. I've never had to reduce the length of K crossing check rails before since I usually work in P87, P4 or S7 and I only discovered that command today. I just forgot to reset the drawing after I'd done it.

Alan

posted: 20 Dec 2009 14:00

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Alan McMillan wrote:
I've never had to reduce the length of K crossing check rails before since I usually work in P87, P4 or S7 and I only discovered that command today. I just forgot to reset the drawing after I'd done it.
Hi Alan,

I know why you had to fiddle about with the K-crossing check rails.

I was referring instead to the V-crossing check rails being on separate templates -- they can be part of the half-diamond templates, and there is a function to shorten them by a suitable amount to clear the switches for slips shorter than 1:8, that's at real > customize V-crossing > half-diamond check rails > menu options. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 20 Dec 2009 14:16

Alan McMillan

We learn something new every day!" I've always done that bit by entering the wing rail sizes manually!

Alan

Templot Club > Forums > Share and show > FS0 B6 Double Slip problem
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020