"
File : /Martin_odds_and_ends/s4p4_ds_8_on_1524mm.box
Uploaded by : 85amod@...
Description : P4 double-slip/switch diamond 1:8 on 1524mm (60") radius. Inner
slip radius 37". Outer slip radius 158". Timber spacings per BRT. Slip switches
eased to 1:36 planing because of the sharp curve. Select as a group and use the
notch-linked functions to position.

You can access this file at the URL

"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/templot/files/Martin_odds_and_ends/s4p4_ds_8_on_1524mm.box"

Unfortunately, this link no longer exists and I'd really like to use the template. Is it still available somewhere?

Neil

posted: 19 Dec 2009 21:40

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
NeilD wrote:
Martin,

Back in the depths of time (19/08/01), you posted a file
Hi Neil,

That's going back a bit. :)

It would have been created in an old version of Templot without the option of half-diamond templates, which would have been done as customized turnout templates instead.  No doubt I deleted it when half-diamonds were added in later versions, as that file would no longer be properly representative of the Templot functionality.

I should have it still somewhere in my backup files, but why would you want it? You can create a much better template using the latest 091c version of Templot. Put the first 1:8 half-diamond on the 1524mm radius, and then follow the slip tutorial at:

http://www.templot.com/martweb/pug_slips.htm

regards,

Martin.

posted: 16 Jan 2010 17:21

NeilD

Martin,

I tried the tutorial and ended up with a very nice looking template which bears very little relation to what I actually wanted.

I would like to reconstruct an old trackplan which got lost when upgrading computers (from a PC to a Mac - the trackplan went out with the destroyed PC Hard-drive).

If you find the time and can trawl through your backups and find it, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,
Neil

Martin Wynne wrote:
NeilD wrote:
Martin,

Hi Neil,

It would have been created in an old version of Templot without the option of half-diamond templates, which would have been done as customized turnout templates instead.  No doubt I deleted it when half-diamonds were added in later versions, as that file would no longer be properly representative of the Templot functionality.

I should have it still somewhere in my backup files, but why would you want it? You can create a much better template using the latest 091c version of Templot. Put the first 1:8 half-diamond on the 1524mm radius, and then follow the slip tutorial at:

regards,

Martin.

posted: 16 Jan 2010 17:25

NeilD

Martin,

Sorry, lost the body of my original mail: trying again...

Back in the depths of time (19/08/01), you posted a file:

"
File : /Martin_odds_and_ends/s4p4_ds_8_on_1524mm.box
Uploaded by : NeilD wrote:
Martin,

I tried the tutorial and ended up with a very nice looking template which bears very little relation to what I actually wanted.

I would like to reconstruct an old trackplan which got lost when upgrading computers (from a PC to a Mac - the trackplan went out with the destroyed PC Hard-drive).

If you find the time and can trawl through your backups and find it, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,
Neil

Martin Wynne wrote:
NeilD wrote:
Martin,

Hi Neil,

regards,

Martin.

posted: 16 Jan 2010 17:57

Martin Wynne

NeilD wrote:
Hi Neil,

It will be quicker to do it again. It takes only about 5 minutes to do a slip. :)

As it's 1:8 on a curve I think it ought to be a switch diamond, as before.

I will do it now -- hang on.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 16 Jan 2010 17:59

NeilD

Thanks Martin,

It might only take you five minutes but it took me at least two hours spread over 3 sessions to follow the tutorial:-) !!

Neil

posted: 16 Jan 2010 18:55

Martin Wynne

Hi Neil,

Box file attached. P4 - DS8 - on 1524mm.

8ft-6in timbering.

Movable K-crossings (switch-diamond).

1:40 switch planing (as C switches).

Bullhead - common 14" middle timber.

Minimum radius is 897mm (35") -- may need a little gauge-widening.

Timbering is generic -- may need some slight shoving if you have a specific prototype.

Full-size images are in the Image Gallery :

2_161352_100000000.png2_161352_100000000.png

2_161353_170000000.png2_161353_170000000.png

regards,

Martin.
Attachment: attach_723_995_p4_ds8_1524mm.box 393

posted: 16 Jan 2010 21:06

NeilD

Martin,

Many thanks - much appreciated.

Neil

Templot Club > Forums > Share and show > P4 Double Slip Template
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020