topic: 1091Odd Mark on Pad
author remove search highlighting

posted: 31 Mar 2010 16:57

allanferguson

Fife - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
When  I  open  Templot  there  is  a  Green  spot  at  x=0.00,  y=24.00.  If  I  move  the  display sideways  so  that  this  would  be  off  the  screen  the  mark  moves  so  that  it  is  always  at  the  left  edge  of  the  screen,  but  always  at  y=24.00,  and  never  less  than  x=0.00.  If  I  move  the  display  up  or  down  the  mark  moves  up  or  down  with  it,  including  off the  screen.  When  it  moves  away  from  x=0.00  it  turns  from  green  to  black.

Its  doing  me  absolutely  no  harm,  but  its  irritating  me  like  a  fly  in  a  room,  because  I  haven't  the  first  clue  what  it  or  what  it  might  be  for.  Can  anyone  assuage  my  itch?

Allan  Ferguson

posted: 31 Mar 2010 17:47

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Now that you've pointed it out, it'll bug me as well.  Thanks :D

(Nope - I haven't a clue either!)

posted: 31 Mar 2010 18:18

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

allanferguson wrote:
When I open Templot there is a Green spot at x=0.00, y=24.00.
Hi Allan, Paul,

It's the "green dot" template datum mark. If you mint a template of the opposite hand, or change the scale, you will see it move up or down the Y-axis, so that the template always remains above the X-axis for printing. It is always on the screen but changes colour to black when it can't be displayed actually on the Y-axis line.

It marks the origin of the main-road stock rail gauge-face before any translations are applied. You may occasionally find it useful:

geometry > shift/rotate > shift to datum menu item

geometry > shift/rotate > rotate to datum menu item

There is a lot of this low-level maths stuff left in Templot from the days before I released the program for general use. I haven't removed it because I sometimes find it useful when testing new features. :)

For more information, go to the geometry > shift/rotate > settings (expert) > set datum... menu item, and click the help F2 button.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 31 Mar 2010 19:10

allanferguson

Fife - United Kingdom

Well,  many  thanks  for  putting  me  out  of  my  mysery.  I  don't  profess  to  understand  it,  but  I'm  reassured  to  know  that  it's  meant!  I'll  have  a  wee  play  later  and  maybe  make  sense  of  it.

Allan  Ferguson

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Odd Mark on Pad
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020