Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 1716Request: Single slip and RH turnout
author remove search highlighting

posted: 4 Dec 2011 16:37

Alex

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
While i'm still coming to grips with templot and following the tutorials i'm hoping someone could help me with a pre-done template.

I'm wanting to have a RH turnout to a single slip as access to a yard.

Working in T Gauge, 1:450, Some handy track info herehttp://www.t-gauge.net/tech_2.htm

If anyone could help i would be most grateful.

regards,
Alex.

posted: 4 Dec 2011 20:43

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Alex wrote:
While i'm still coming to grips with templot and following the tutorials i'm hoping someone could help me with a pre-done template.

I'm wanting to have a RH turnout to a single slip as access to a yard.

Working in T Gauge, 1:450, Some handy track info herehttp://www.t-gauge.net/tech_2.htm

If anyone could help i would be most grateful.

regards,
Alex.
Hi Alex.
Not really my scale but let me have a day or so and I will see what I can come up with. What version of Templot are you using by the way?
Tony.

posted: 4 Dec 2011 21:49

Tony W

Hi Alex.
I have had a go at what you asked for. I have had to make several assumptions as I cannot find much in the way of a set of standards to work to.
I have assumed the following.
Scale 1:450.
Track gauge 3.2mm .
Flangeways 0.2mm
Flared ends 0.3mm
Minimum track centres 8.0mm.
I have used B-6 turnouts for this attempt. It would look better in B-8s.
Templot version 0.91c
If B-6 does not mean a lot, you may find the beginner's guide that I posted earlier today helpful in understanding some of the basics.
I have attached the resulting box file for you to play with. If the dimensions above are incorrect, let me know where and I will have another go.
Tony.

Attachment: attach_1259_1716_T_scale_templates_11_12_04_2131_44.box 199
Last edited on 5 Dec 2011 12:07 by Tony W
posted: 5 Dec 2011 08:49

Alex

Thanks Tony, Much appreciated.
So much terminology that is alien to me :roll:

I'm trying to learn some basics using the development version.

At work now so will give it a try when home.

regards,
Alex.

posted: 5 Dec 2011 12:06

Tony W

Hi Alex.
Yes that is doing it the hard way as there are no help screens in the TDV. It will still be worth reading my beginner's guide as there is much in common between the two versions, I will have to update it I suppose. Anyway, I have changed the timbering of the diamond to match the rails, I missed that on the earier version if you compare the two. The magic menu is under Real > Timbering > Half-diamond timbering > Timbering as model rather than Timbering as Prototype. This saves no end of timber shoving later.

2151_050701_550000000.jpg2151_050701_550000000.jpg
Tony.
Attachment: attach_1260_1716_t_scale_templates_11_12_05_1138_32.box 210

posted: 5 Dec 2011 19:57

Alex

Thanks Tony, Very helpful template.
Just need to try printing now and see if i can work from it :)

regards,
Alex.

posted: 5 Dec 2011 22:39

Tony W

Hi Alex.
The templates were intended more as a starting point rather than a construction plan as the timbering in the middle needs tidying up at least. Shift key + F10 to open the shove timbers window. As noted above I have had to guess at some of the settings so I hope it works alright. It looks like railway modelling for watchmakers to me but good luck with your project.
Tony.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Request: Single slip and RH turnout
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020