click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin,

Not sure if this is a fault or what.

Having placed a custom turnout onto my track plan, I then did the following:

< tools >
                     < make branch track >

On inspection, I found that all my custom memo notes associated with the custom turnout had also been transferred in as the memo notes of the branch track template.

The custom notes in the branch track template are not required, so thought I should report it.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 2 Mar 2012 09:04

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Brian Nicholls wrote:
Not sure if this is a fault or what.
Hi Brian,

It's by design. Settings on the control template propagate to all subsequent control templates unless and until you change them, or you mint a new template by clicking the NEW tool-button or the template > new template (quick set)... menu item.

There are some overrides for this at tools > make tools: options > to which I could perhaps add clearing the memo notes.

Often you do want the memo notes transferred to the next template. For example if you have customized a template and made a memo note "Custom switch based on M&GNR 13ft switch of 1896" you would want that memo on all subsequent templates because they would include that switch. (Plain track templates have a hidden switch -- it would reappear if you inserted a turnout in the template later.)

If you want to have a memo note specific to an individual template it's best to add the note after you have stored it. You can click the template and then press K or edit memo notes... on its menu. Or on the storage box select the template and then edit > edit memo notes... menu item.

regards,

Martin.
Last edited on 2 Mar 2012 09:07 by Martin Wynne
posted: 2 Mar 2012 12:16

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for the response to my query. :thumb:

The whole issue was not really a big deal as it is a simple matter to clear out any unwanted memo notes, it was just a case of not noticing it before, and it made me wonder if there may be something not quite right.

However, you have now explained the situation, and I am also now aware of it, so no harm done.

BTW, like others, I am eagerly awaiting the next update of the TDV, to try the vehicle clearance checks, it is amazing what you have done to improve Templot, please keep up the good work, but don’t overdo it and take care of yourself. :thumb:

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 2 Mar 2012 12:30

Martin Wynne

Brian Nicholls wrote:
BTW, like others, I am eagerly awaiting the next update of the TDV, to try the vehicle clearance checks
Hi Brian,

Well I could post it today. :)

But I'm aware that there have now been over 900 downloads of the current update.

If I post a new one, everyone will need to download again.

That's a lot of inconvenience to cause people, so I was intending to wait until there are enough program changes to justify it.

A full release of Templot2 is not getting much closer. There are still dozens of help buttons which lead nowhere -- I simply haven't had the time to write the stuff to go in there. Just writing a manual for the sketchboard is a major task in itself.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 2 Mar 2012 13:54

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Martin Wynne wrote:
Well I could post it today. :)

But I'm aware that there have now been over 900 downloads of the current update.

If I post a new one, everyone will need to download again.

That's a lot of inconvenience to cause people, so I was intending to wait until there are enough program changes to justify it.

A full release of Templot2 is not getting much closer. There are still dozens of help buttons which lead nowhere -- I simply haven't had the time to write the stuff to go in there. Just writing a manual for the sketchboard is a major task in itself.

Hi Martin,

Clearly you must play it as you see it, and not pay too much attention to us ‘eager beavers’ who I am sure, never the less, appreciate what you have done with the program.

I am only sorry that there doesn’t appear to be any way I can help to ease your work load.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 3 Mar 2012 23:38

Martin Wynne

Hi Brian,
BTW, like others, I am eagerly awaiting the next update of the TDV, to try the vehicle clearance checks
TDV updated to Build # 5403: :)

topic 1500

tools > spacing ring  •  dummy vehicle menu item. Click the show option button to see the dummy vehicle.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 4 Mar 2012 00:05

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Martin Wynne wrote:
TDV updated to Build # 5403: :)

topic 1500

tools > spacing ring  •  dummy vehicle menu item. Click the show option button to see the dummy vehicle.
Hi Martin,

That’s brilliant news, I’ve just downloaded the update TDV 5403, but am in the middle of something I need to get completed in Templot before I go to bed, so will update tomorrow and give the facility a good try out. :)

Many thanks for letting me know the good news. :thumb:

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 4 Mar 2012 00:28

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

I just could not resist a quick try out, otherwise I may not sleep tonight. :)

It is absolutely great, worked a treat, and obviously will save some considerable time, instead of having to make your own dummy vehicles and set them up on each piece of track element you need to check for clearances. :thumb:

At the moment words fail me at the ease at which it works out. :thumb:

Again Martin, first class work, my hat’s off to you. :thumb:

Will have another play tomorrow. :)

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

Templot Club > Forums > Development doings - archive > Memo Notes being unnecessarily transferred to another template
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020