author remove search highlighting

posted: 8 Mar 2012 10:03

LSWRArt

Antibes - France

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin
Do you have to reload all your settings each time there is an update? 
When I restarted after the latest TDV it came up with T55 and asked me to select my track standard.  When I printed a template it said that the printer was not calibrated, even though I had done it previously (or is it my fault and I should have saved these settings?)
If it is the case that the update does not memorise your previous settings is it possible to have a check list of items to check so that we do not forget to reset all our custom settings.
Thanks
Arthur

posted: 8 Mar 2012 11:06

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

LSWRArt wrote:
Hi Martin
Do you have to reload all your settings each time there is an update? 
When I restarted after the latest TDV it came up with T55 and asked me to select my track standard.  When I printed a template it said that the printer was not calibrated, even though I had done it previously (or is it my fault and I should have saved these settings?)
Hi Arthur,

Updating TDV makes no changes to anything saved. It simply replaces the program file with a new one.

Templot always starts with T-55 gauge. It changes to your chosen gauge/scale when you load your .box files.

You can save your printer calibration by clicking the output > printer calibration > save calibration... menu item. The settings for different printers and papers are each saved in a separate .cal file and can be reloaded as required.

For TDV and Templot2 there is a new function to save program preferences between sessions. Be aware that this is still unfinished, and only a few settings are yet included:

2_080534_500000000.png2_080534_500000000.png

Then click this:

2_080534_510000001.png2_080534_510000001.png

Then the next time you start Templot you will see:

2_080534_510000002.png2_080534_510000002.png

This is for for your program preferences (colours, zoom settings, etc.) -- it's not for anything related to track design, such as gauge and scale, custom switches, etc., which are saved in the .box files.

Lots more (3 pages) about this in this 3-year-old topic:

topic 752

Speaking personally, I find the whole preferences thing a damn nuisance to implement, and never use it myself. I've included it in TDV simply because so many users were asking for it and I was tired of the ear-bashing. :)

There is a lot more work still to do on it to add hundreds of other settings.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 8 Mar 2012 16:28

LSWRArt

Antibes - France

Thanks
I have now done this
All the best
Arthur

Templot Club > Forums > Development doings - archive > reloading after update
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020