author remove search highlighting

posted: 10 Sep 2012 09:48

Brian Hanson

Nottingham - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hello All,

I am trying to construct a curved tandem turnout where all roads curve the same way, I have followed Martin's video for LH and RH combined with no problems.. but how do I overlay 2 LH templates over each other?..:?

It seems that it is only the main roads that snap together whereas I want to have the turnout road of the larger radius snap to the main road of the smaller radius turnout.. is this possible?.. or the more likely.. where am I not looking for the correct commands?!.. :D:D

Cheers

Brian

posted: 10 Sep 2012 10:33

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Brian Hanson wrote:
I want to have the turnout road of the larger radius snap to the main road of the smaller radius turnout.. is this possible?
Hi Brian,

Could you clarify that? Do you want the second switch to be in the main road of the first switch or in the turnout road of the first switch?

The former is the more usual arrangement, as in the video. For a single sided tandem that makes the outer exit the common main road. If you want the middle exit to be the common main road what you have in effect is a double-sided tandem (LH and RH) with significant contraflexure so that it appears to be single-sided.

For the latter arrangement there is no common main road, so the method is slightly different from in the video. You must peg the second switch onto the heel of the first one, adjust the radius to match, and then snake it to provide the required clearances.

If you post your box file we can better see what you are trying to do.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 10 Sep 2012 11:20

Brian Hanson

Nottingham - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

..I think its the latter but.. :?

Hopefully I have attached the .box file..

Many thanks!

Brian
Attachment: attach_1492_2053_kings_cross_passenger_loco_2012_09_10_1109_39.box     325

posted: 10 Sep 2012 12:56

Alan Turner

Dudley - United Kingdom

Brian Hanson wrote:
Hello All,

.. but how do I overlay 2 LH templates over each other?..:? 

Cheers

Brian

Brian,

you don't, you still lay LH and RH but the RH is curved to the left. If you do lay two LH on each other you will find the switch rails won't work.

Alan

posted: 10 Sep 2012 13:44

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Brian Hanson wrote:

..I think its the latter but.. :?

Hi Brian, I'm not so sure it is the latter, I think both switches come off the main road.
Tony.

posted: 10 Sep 2012 15:20

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Hi Brian.
Here is my first attempt at your Tandem. I have not tried to sort out the timbering but try it for a fit.
Tony.
Attachment: attach_1494_2053_kings_cross_tandem.box     346

Templot Club > Forums > Trackbuilding topics > Curved Tandem turnout
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020