topic: 2482roller gauge tools
author remove search highlighting

posted: 22 Jun 2014 10:03

Bigboy1967

Timisoara - Romania

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
In drawing "Rail Gauge H0-00 code 100" which dimensions are valid for two each ...?

Ex: A dimension is listed 3.30 - 3.25 ... 0.96 B are passed - 0.94??

posted: 22 Jun 2014 10:29

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Bigboy1967 wrote:
In drawing "Rail Gauge H0-00 code 100" which dimensions are valid for two each ...?

Ex: A dimension is listed 3.30 - 3.25 ... 0.96 B are passed - 0.94??
Hi,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

If two dimensions are given on a drawing it usually means that one is the maximum -- the dimension shouldn't measure more than this. And the other is the minimum -- the dimension shouldn't measure less than this. If it measures somewhere in between the two, it will be satisfactory.

Sorry, I don't recognize which drawing you mean. If you provide a web link to the drawing to which you are referring, we may be able to help a bit more.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 30 Jun 2014 10:03

Bigboy1967

Timisoara - Romania

Hi, Martin

Thank you very much for the reply ...
I would like to made ​​something for H0 scale ....
(post #97)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47893-o-gauge-%E2%80%93-first-tentative-steps-corrugated-goods-shed-part-3-painting-and-weathering/page-4

and I have the exact dimensions ...
Can you help?
Thank you very much !
Attachment: attach_1870_2482_Roller_Gauges.JPG     386
Last edited on 30 Jun 2014 10:07 by Bigboy1967
posted: 3 Jul 2014 17:56

Martin Wynne

Bigboy1967 wrote:
I would like to made ​​something for H0 scale ....
(post #97)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/47893-o-gauge-%E2%80%93-first-tentative-steps-corrugated-goods-shed-part-3-painting-and-weathering/page-4

and I have the exact dimensions ...
Hi,

The picture you posted shows roller gauge tools for 0 scale (0-MF gauge), not for H0.

Sorry, it is not very clear what you are asking. If you want similar gauge tools for H0 models, I suggest you use the 00-SF gauge tools available from C&L:

http://www.finescale.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=346_375_376

But first check that they will fit the rails which you are using (for rail width 0.92mm).

Or if you have your own dimensions, you may find someone willing to make them for you. For example our member Debs makes track gauge tools, see:

topic 1811

Perhaps you could write again, giving more details of your requirements? :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 4 Jul 2014 07:14

Bigboy1967

Timisoara - Romania

Thank you very much for your reply ..
But I've asked fellow forum if you can submit a drawing with exact dimensions for Roller Gauge - H0 scale because I would like to ask a friend made ​​it for me ...
Respectfully
Voicu S

posted: 4 Jul 2014 14:06

Bruce A Wilson

Barrie - Ontario Canada

I do not understand what you want to do.  Roller gauges for HO scale are commercially available from a number of sources at a reasonable cost.  IMHO it does not make sense to try and make your own.

Bigboy1967 wrote:
But I've asked fellow forum if you can submit a drawing with exact dimensions for Roller Gauge - H0 scale because I would like to ask a friend made ​​it for me ...
Respectfully
Voicu S

posted: 6 Jul 2014 07:53

Hayfield

United Kingdom

Bruce A Wilson wrote:
I do not understand what you want to do.  Roller gauges for HO scale are commercially available from a number of sources at a reasonable cost.  IMHO it does not make sense to try and make your own.

Bigboy1967 wrote:
Respectfully
Voicu S

Bruce
I for one am slightly disappointed with some of the current roller-gauges for 00 gauge that are available and the material they are made from.
For me I would prefer gauges without the check rail gauge, OK you can use them without using the check-rail  gauge part but it does get in the way. 
Some have the grooves cut too deep this is fine (if not preferable) for copperclad construction, but for using plastic chairs, you need a shallower grove and one that allows the rail to rotate slightly for the cant. 
It would also be desirable to have in 00 gauge both a check rail gauge (available from C&L in their 00sf range) and a flangeway gauge (SMP did them with their kits)
I have some of the original 00sf gauges, apart from the diameter being on the small side, they both are the best finished gauges I have (alongside the  Brooke Smith ones which have a black coating,) one being a brass coloured metal the other seems to have a shiny finish to it (the check rail gauge came from the USA). Steel is the worst material to use, but the most common
Now I no nothing about H0 gauge but there might be subtle changes in that gauge or a better quality material used

posted: 6 Jul 2014 09:37

Martin Wynne

Hayfield wrote:
It would also be desirable to have in 00 gauge both a check rail gauge (available from C&L in their 00sf range)
Hi John,

The check rail gauge is the most important one in the set.

The good news is that the 15.2mm 00-SF check rail gauge from C&L is equally applicable for standard 00 (DOGA Intermediate, 00-BF) and for NMRA H0.

That's because they all use the same wheels back-to-back unmodified -- 14.4mm for RTR wheels.

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Trackbuilding topics > roller gauge tools
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020