topic: 2707Admin -- you can't post messages by email
author remove search highlighting

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:10

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
May I just remind everyone that you can't post messages to Templot Club by email.

There have been several attempts today and in recent days to do that.

Every email message from Templot Club contains this at the top:

Web link - click here to read this message in original context with images and attachments,
and with any subsequent amendments or additions:
  a clickable link to Templot Club web site
Please use the above link to reply to this message. It is not possible to reply to this message by email.

I think the problem is that so many people now use webmail services rather than an email client program, that they don't realise when they are sending emails.

If you can't see this logo at the top of the page, you are not on Templot Club, so don't click the Reply button, click the above link in the message.

templot_club_top_logo.pngtemplot_club_top_logo.png

Thanks.

If you thought you posted a message recently and it didn't appear, the above is probably the reason.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:22

Dave Summers

Urchfont, Devizes - United Kingdom

Martin

This problem is not helped by the prominent 'Reply-To' option displayed at the top of the message. This is a feature of Forum software NOT of my email client. Can't it be suppressed?

Regards

Dave
Attachment: attach_2139_2707_Screen_Shot_2015-06-10_at_16.14.33.png     288

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:37

Martin Wynne

Dave Summers wrote:
This problem is not helped by the prominent 'Reply-To' option displayed at the top of the message. This is a feature of Forum software NOT of my email client. Can't it be suppressed?
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the screenshot.

That's a feature of your email client program. It doesn't happen on my email program or on any other I have seen.

Now that I've seen it I will try changing the email header. But any email client is going to have a Reply button somewhere.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:42

Martin Wynne

Hi Dave,

I have modified the email header. What do you see now on this one?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:47

Dave Summers

Urchfont, Devizes - United Kingdom

Hi Martin

Screenshot attached. I have provoked the Reply arrow to show but it's not normally visible on the Mac Mail client. You can see that you have achieved your desired effect - at least for this particular client!

Regards
Dave
Attachment: attach_2140_2707_Screen_Shot_2015-06-10_at_16.44.39.png     294

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:52

Martin Wynne

p.s. Unfortunately I don't have any control over email headers sent by Yahoo.

So if you receive your Templot emails via the old Templot Yahoo group, you will still see the Reply-To button. Don't click it. Click the link in the message.

Martin.

posted: 10 Jun 2015 16:56

Martin Wynne

Dave Summers wrote:
You can see that you have achieved your desired effect - at least for this particular client!
Thanks for the screenshot Dave. :)

Just a reminder to everyone -- don't assume that I can see on my computer what you can see on yours. If you have a problem or query please always post a screenshot. Thanks.

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Admin -- you can't post messages by email
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020