Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 2716Download problem
author remove search highlighting

posted: 30 Jun 2015 11:16

Rascrow

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi, I'm a new member. I apologize if I'm wrong posting this question here, but in consultation with the other threads I have not found an answer to my problem. I would like to try this program, but when click on the download link does not start. It opens a new tab that says "no data received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. Could not load the web page because the server sent no data." I make that mistake? 
 Thanks!

posted: 30 Jun 2015 11:56

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Rascrow,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

I have just now tested the download link and I can't find any problem with it. There have been over 3500 downloads of the current version and no other reports of any problems.

Are you sure you are using a correct link from this web site? Try this link:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?id=2010

Which browser are you using? Do other programs download without problems?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 30 Jun 2015 13:58

Rascrow

Hi Martin,
thank you for the prompt response and to welcome
Use Chrome and I never had any other problems with downloading.
The strange thing is that I was able to download some of Templot video tutorials, but I can not with the program.
With the link you just posted I downloaded a file, but at the end of the download tells me that it is corrupt. I deleted this file and further testing I have the same error as before ... I do not know how to solve.
There are some characteristics particular to download? For example, be registered to access or something else?

Thanks!

posted: 30 Jun 2015 14:46

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Hi "Rascrow"

I also use Chrome and have just successfully downloaded and installed Templot on a "clean" computer with no problems at all (and then uninstalled it as it was my work computer!)

Have you tried downloading and installing on another computer?  Have you followed Martin's instructions regarding anti-virus software?

Cheers

posted: 30 Jun 2015 14:51

Martin Wynne

Rascrow wrote:
Use Chrome and I never had any other problems with downloading.
The strange thing is that I was able to download some of Templot video tutorials, but I can not with the program. With the link you just posted I downloaded a file, but at the end of the download tells me that it is corrupt. There are some characteristics particular to download? For example, be registered to access or something else?
Hi Rascrow,

Anyone can download Templot, it does not need registered access.

I just tried the download link in Google Chrome. It downloaded ok, opened and ran ok, and installed Templot ok.

You will see this warning, or something similar, of course:

2_300926_180000000.png2_300926_180000000.png

Which you can safely ignore. Click the Run button to install Templot.

The reason you see that warning is because I have declined to pay several hundred pounds per year for a digital certificate, which adds nothing whatsoever to the actual program functionality.

In Windows 8 you may see something like this:

2_210706_140000000.png2_210706_140000000.png

Click the More info link. You should then see something like this:

2_210706_140000001.png2_210706_140000001.png

Click the Run anyway button.

If you use Norton anti-virus on your computer, before downloading please see:

topic 1791 - message 13269

If you are still seeing problems, it might be because:

a. you have another anti-virus program preventing the download. Try switching it off while you install Templot -- remember to switch it back on afterwards, or

b. you have a fault in Chrome. Try using a different browser such as Firefox.

c. your internet provider has a size limit on downloads -- the file size is 6MB, or

d. your internet provider is blocking the source for some reason, but in that case you would not be reading this. We are hosted in the cera.net data centre in Columbus USA:

http://cera.net/cloud-computing-dedicated-colocation-hosted-applications-data-center-2/equipment-colocation-data-center-services/columbus-colo-data-center

or e. something else. :(

Which version of Windows are you using?

Anyone else having download problems?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 30 Jun 2015 15:00

Rascrow

Fixed !!!
I disabled the antivirus (Avast damn!!)
Thank you for your assistance. I hope not to have other problems !!!
And now ... it's time to draw !!

Thanks again !:D:D:D

posted: 30 Jun 2015 15:03

Martin Wynne

Rascrow wrote:
Fixed !!!
I disabled the antivirus (Avast damn!!)
Glad you got it working. :)

Don't forget to switch Avast back on!

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Download problem
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020