Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 2908Possible printing problem - Grid on Templates?
author remove search highlighting

posted: 7 Aug 2016 11:34

Richard_Jones

Heswall - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin,

I don't know if this is me, or actually a problem!

I've been trying to print out templates with the trackpad grid turned on (set at 6" squares, but that's irrelevant) with a view to cutting timber for the baseboards (at last!)

I've checked the box "grid in front of shapes" and made sure the grid is turned on, but after a couple of attempts, still can't get the grid to show on the print out - is there anything else I should be doing?

It's the Singleton box and shapes files I shared some time ago.

Any suggestions?

many thanks and best wishes

Richard

posted: 7 Aug 2016 12:18

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Richard,

Make sure you have output > output grid options > output grid on menu option set.

Are you printing in colour or black & white? At what print quality? Is one of your colour ink cartridges empty?

By default Templot prints the grid lines very thin, for precision. But it's possible the lines are too thin or faint to see. This is likely to be the case if you have your printer set to photo quality printing (a bad idea for printing templates -- it will be very slow and use vast amounts of computer memory, possibly crashing the print spooler if you print several dozen pages). Use Normal or Draft/economy quality settings for templates.

You can change to thicker more prominent grid lines at: output > line thickness > set any line thickness... menu item.

Note that this won't work with dotted grid lines. (This is a Windows restriction, not Templot.) For thicker grid lines, click the output > output grid options >output grid lines solid menu option to change back to solid lines.

When you set black & white printing, it defaults initially to dotted grid lines. If you want thick grid lines in black & white, you must change it back to solid lines.

You can change the colour of the printed grid lines at output > output grid options > output grid colour... menu item. Changing to a colour which doesn't use only a single colour cartridge may help. The default light blue lines use only the Aqua cartridge, so if it is empty or failing, you get no grid lines. 

regards,

Martin.

posted: 7 Aug 2016 12:35

Richard_Jones

Heswall - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

I'll see if I've got anymore colour cartridges - I did put a new one in, but despite that it isn't showing full, so it's possible the blue is empty.
I'll also try changing the colour - probably to black, as that is showing full(ish)
Will let you know how I get on
Cheers
Richard

posted: 7 Aug 2016 21:45

Richard_Jones

Heswall - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,
I think it must have been the colour cartridge -  changing the grid colour from a very pale blue to black has got it printed out - so much for "remanufactured" cartridges!
All the best
Richard 

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Possible printing problem - Grid on Templates?
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020