author remove search highlighting

posted: 6 Nov 2016 16:56

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi All

I have just been knocking up a quick track plan and was in the process of adding platforms and have got 3 bits in and I was just adding the last, but although the screen box shows skew happening in both the positive and negative direction, nothing on the screen happens, although threr were no problems on the others.

See the screen shot. any ideas on what I may or may not have done would be helpful or do I have a gremlin?

Phil

38_061148_200000000.png38_061148_200000000.png

posted: 6 Nov 2016 21:49

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Phil,

Nothing can extend beyond the overall track length of a template, so if you are trying to apply a positive skew to the platform end, it won't appear unless you shorten the length of the platform to make room for the skewed end within the template length.

But you should be able to apply a negative skew:

2_061623_240000000.png2_061623_240000000.png

If nothing seems to be happening when you try that, most likely you have tried to set a large positive skew (even though it can't appear because you are at the end of the template), and you need to move the mouse a long way to reduce it back into negative territory.

I maybe need to look again at the working of this. :?

If Templot has got in a muddle, click the position and length... button, and set the end skew manually to a negative figure. After which you can adjust it with the mouse action to your exact requirements.

If you are trying to create a concourse across the end of the platforms, the way to do that is to add a platform to a dummy centre-line-only plain track template.  Set the front edge spacing... to say -100 inches (minus), so that the centre-line is hidden below the platform on the output. Using that trick you can create odd-shaped chunks of platform to fill in any spaces, and move them around using the usual template mouse actions.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 7 Nov 2016 10:26

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

Hi Martin

I have managed to get it to skew by shortening the length of the platform and then skewing it roughly to where it needed to be and then returning it to the full length of the template, I was then able to tweak it.

Thanks Phil

38_070525_480000000.png38_070525_480000000.png

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Skewing platforms
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020