author remove search highlighting

posted: 23 Nov 2016 22:06

Jerome FAGOT

CHASSIGNY - France

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hello everyone and martin

I know templot for a few years but I have decided to use it recently.

This is a great software but I find it quite complex learning, especially for me who do not speak English.

Are translations planned and if not, is there any way we can modify the menus to translate the terms into our language?

Templot is exactly what I needed to plan my future N-scale network, which should be quite complex and large.

In addition I love the switches, it is for me a real passion and I could spend hours in front of a railway station grill to study the changes of multiple tracks.

My difficulty lies mainly in the fact that I can link the paths between them, the procedures seem to me long and very complex.

A thousand thanks to Martin for inventing and writing this software.

See you soon

FAGOT Jérôme (from France)

PS: translated on internet

posted: 30 Nov 2016 23:23

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Jérôme,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

I'm sorry to say I can't offer any version of Templot in non-English languages.

Unfortunately the text contains many technical terms, which don't translate well using automated translation functions. I regret I don't have the competence, or the time, to translate all the text manually. There is a lot of it.

If someone else can offer translations I would do my best to incorporate them into the code, although it is not a simple task. The program was not designed or built to be in anything other than English. Modern programs are designed that way, but some parts of Templot are 20 or 30 years old.

In the meantime if you get stuck please post a screenshot from Templot, showing what you can't understand. I'm sure someone on here would be able to provide an explanation in your language.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Dec 2016 06:41

DaveJ61

Northampton - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Am I right in saying that the text is hard-coded within the source?

I was going to offer the services of my sister who has lived in France for a number of years and is very fluent in French including technical terms. Over the years, she has done quite a lot of translation and may be able to help Jerome with any sections that he is having trouble with.

Regards

David

posted: 1 Dec 2016 07:14

Jerome FAGOT

CHASSIGNY - France

Hello everyone and thank you for your answers

Too bad, I will manage, after all this will make me work the language of shakespeare

Thank you David, if some want to go there why not. I will try on my side to give you terms translated into English as I understand them in French.

thanks anyway

See you soon

Jérôme

posted: 1 Dec 2016 07:48

Dave Summers

Urchfont, Devizes - United Kingdom

Jerome FAGOT wrote:
Hello everyone and thank you for your answers
Too bad, I will manage, after all this will make me work the language of shakespeare"
I'm sure Martyn will be flattered to have Templot text compared with Shakespeare!

Templot Club > Forums > I wish it would... > Translation of templot
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020