Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 3004//Greetings from Greece//
author remove search highlighting

posted: 4 Apr 2017 18:08

Panos Tsirigotis

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hello I am a new member in templot club and want to introduce myself.
I am Panos from Greece and I am an N scale railway modeller.
I am currently modelling a prototype railway station in Greece and I op to handlay track.
Although prototype track plans does not include curved turnouts (it was once the greek railway practise to use straight turnouts in yards and stations due to low contruction cost, and straight turnouts were pre assempled and set in place just like the RTR turnouts), I definately want the software's assistance on custom diamond crossings and easyments in curves.

I attach a drawing of my track plan that is based on the prototype. I draw this track plan using Adobe illustrator 
I have a lot of queries regarding drawing in Templot.
Truth is that begun to draw the plan but get stuck during the process.
Hope that through the assistance of club members I complete my plan and start lay down trackwork.

P.S. Forgive my english.

Cheers!

Attachment: attach_2403_3004_test7b2H_n_RM.jpg     272

posted: 8 Apr 2017 12:57

Pierre

Canberra - Australia

Hello Panos welcome to the Templot club and hello from Australia.

I have followed your description of your 2mm modeling work on the RMWeb website. I was very impressed with the quality of your baseboard and modeling work of the subject station, Piraeus.

I am not an expert user of Templot and a somewhat slow learner however, I found that with perseverance ( you just decide that you will not let the program beat you) and after a time of trying one day it all just seemed to all come together and I was able to produce reasonable (for my use) Templot templates of my model railway layout ideas.

Oh, there's plenty of help available here, you just have to ask.

Best regards from,

Pierre

Panos Tsirigotis wrote:
I am currently modelling a prototype railway station in Greece and I op to handlay track.
Although prototype track plans does not include curved turnouts (it was once the greek railway practise to use straight turnouts in yards and stations due to low contruction cost, and straight turnouts were pre assempled and set in place just like the RTR turnouts), I definately want the software's assistance on custom diamond crossings and easyments in curves.

I attach a drawing of my track plan that is based on the prototype. I draw this track plan using Adobe illustrator 
Hope that through the assistance of club members I complete my plan and start lay down trackwork.

P.S. Forgive my english.

Cheers!

posted: 8 Apr 2017 15:37

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

Hi Panos,

As others have found, Templot is a steep learning curve, for most of us, it took me around three months of just working through the tutorials, until the penny dropped

I would advise you to work through the video tutorials and one or two of the beginners guides that some of the members on here have produced.

Phil

posted: 8 Apr 2017 17:49

Alan Turner

Dudley - United Kingdom

It would be nice to have a scale on that plan of yours.

posted: 10 Apr 2017 09:43

Panos Tsirigotis

Pierre. Thank you very much for your kind words and for following my topic on RMweb.I decided to go with code40 on visible areas and I found that soldering rail after all isn't such a big issue.
My track plan isn't complicated anyway.
I made a start in templot  just before Christimas and I manage to draw a draft successfully.
However is only a draft and has many imperfections.
So here I am, ready to post queries to get answers to move on with my construction (I have plenty of time. I am not in a rush).

Cheers

Pierre wrote:
Hello Panos welcome to the Templot club and hello from Australia.

I have followed your description of your 2mm modeling work on the RMWeb website. I was very impressed with the quality of your baseboard and modeling work of the subject station, Piraeus.

I am not an expert user of Templot and a somewhat slow learner however, I found that with perseverance ( you just decide that you will not let the program beat you) and after a time of trying one day it all just seemed to all come together and I was able to produce reasonable (for my use) Templot templates of my model railway layout ideas.

Oh, there's plenty of help available here, you just have to ask.

Best regards from,

Pierre

Panos Tsirigotis wrote:

P.S. Forgive my english.

Cheers!

posted: 10 Apr 2017 13:43

Panos Tsirigotis

Hello PhilThank you very much for the advice.

Regards

Phil O wrote:
Hi Panos,

As others have found, Templot is a steep learning curve, for most of us, it took me around three months of just working through the tutorials, until the penny dropped

I would advise you to work through the video tutorials and one or two of the beginners guides that some of the members on here have produced.

Phil

posted: 10 Apr 2017 13:51

Panos Tsirigotis

Hi Alan.
I 'll post updates of my templot files frequently!

Best Regards

Alan Turner wrote:
It would be nice to have a scale on that plan of yours.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > //Greetings from Greece//
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020