topic: 307Printing Proof Sheet
author remove search highlighting

posted: 12 Jan 2008 23:27

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I've had a bit of a trial calibrating my Epson 1200 with banner paper.

I managed, after a number of mis-feeds to get a calibration sheet out, and entered the values. I then went to print the proof sheet, but my printer mis-fed again and so didn't it print out, so I don't know the head-factor or the roller-factor.

Is there any way I can print the proof sheet without printing the calibration sheet out again? I can measure from the existing calibration sheet, but I can't see a way of entering these values without printing the calibration sheet out again. :(

Richard.

PS: The mis feeds are due to my printer not having an inbuilt-cutter, so I have to cut the sheet, reroll the end of the sheet so the printer will take it and re-feed it otherwise it gets very confused.

posted: 13 Jan 2008 02:17

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

richard_t wrote:
Is there any way I can print the proof sheet without printing the calibration sheet out again? I can measure from the existing calibration sheet, but I can't see a way of entering these values without printing the calibration sheet out again. :(

Hi Richard,

The printer doesn't need to be in roll/banner paper mode to do the calibration. The only important point is that you use the same paper. Why not cut off a single sheet from the roll before you start and use the normal single-sheet mode?

But if you have a satisfactory calibration sheet to measure you can calculate the factors. But check first that it really is a satisfactory calibration sheet -- if the printer has been mis-feeding or jamming it may have distorted the printing.

Measure the width of the outer* frame in mm. Divide by 180. Multiply by 100. This is head-factor.

Measure the height of the outer* frame in mm. Divide by 240. Multiply by 100. This is the roller-factor.

To enter them:

Click the print > printer calibration > calibrate printer... menu item.

Click the blue bar: yes -- calibration factors known.

Enter the factors.

Now click the print > printer calibration > print proof sheet menu item and check the result.

*If you prefer to measure the inner frame, divide by 90 and 120 respectively instead.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 14 Jan 2008 13:27

richard_t

Thanks Martin - I guess it would be something like that, but I wanted to make sure.

I've changed track now (pun intended) and I've decided the paper I was trying, premium fax paper, probably isn't the most stable of papers, and i'm going to cut down a roll of lining paper and give that a go.

Thanks again

Richard.

posted: 14 Jan 2008 13:30

richard_t

Thanks Martin - I guess it would be something like that, but I wanted to make sure.

I did try just a cut sheet for the calibration stage, but it was easier again due to the curvature of the paper, to use the banner feeder as that feeds the paper differently to the normal sheet feeder. Still was a pain though.

I've changed track now (pun intended) and I've decided the paper I was trying, premium fax paper, probably isn't the most stable of papers, and i'm going to cut down a roll of lining paper and give that a go. This also has the advantage of being a lot wider as well.

Thanks again

Richard.

posted: 14 Jan 2008 20:19

richard_t

:D:D:D:D:D

Blimey - I'm one happy bunny - usually doing banner sheets in my printer drives me up the wall. But i've just printed 10 meters of the stuff and all fine and lovely. (around 4 lots of 2 and a bit meters). Sawed through some lining paper, and all was well. The one thing I was worried about was it getting skewed as it was printing, but lady luck must have been on my side today! If i was to do it again, I'd print each "row" as one print job, and cut and refeed the printer between each.

Nearly a thing of beauty, although I don't think the other half would like it as wall paper :cool:

Richard.

Templot Club > Forums > I wish it would... > Printing Proof Sheet
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020