author remove search highlighting

posted: 29 Nov 2017 20:46

dave turner

United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Martin

I'm running Templot v 2.16b on Linux under Wine.

The introduction of the second simple menu bar seems to cut off the top of the layout when you zoom all.

I suspect that zoom all is bounded by the first simple menu line.

I've checked this with a number of different box files.

regards

Dave

posted: 29 Nov 2017 22:11

Nigel Brown

dave turner wrote:
Martin

I'm running Templot v 2.16b on Linux under Wine.

The introduction of the second simple menu bar seems to cut off the top of the layout when you zoom all.

I suspect that zoom all is bounded by the first simple menu line.

I've checked this with a number of different box files.

regards

Dave

Seems to work OK for me. Windows 10.

Nigel

posted: 29 Nov 2017 22:47

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Dave, Nigel,

Thanks for the reports.

The toolbar is disregarded in the zoom calculations.

The overall track plan size is calculated and then increased by 15% to allow for some margin space, and then fitted to the full trackpad client area. How close this comes to the top of the screen depends on the relative aspect ratios of the track plan and the screen area. Often track plans are wide and narrow on the screen, so that there is clear space top and bottom.

None of this has changed in 18 years, while the toolbar has increased from a few buttons in the top corner to now two full rows of buttons.

I can see that there could be potential issues now with the deeper toolbar obscuring part of the plan, even though on widescreen monitors it occupies only about half of the screen width.

So I will look at this for the next program update.

Thanks again.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 29 Nov 2017 22:48

dave turner

United Kingdom

Perhaps someone running Templot 2.16b on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) under Wine could see if they have the same issue.

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768.

regards

Dave
Last edited on 29 Nov 2017 22:51 by dave turner
posted: 30 Nov 2017 00:46

Martin Dobbins

Memphis - Tennessee USA

Hi Dave,
I'm running exactly that, but I may not be able to reproduce you results because my screen resolution is  1920 x 1080.

Give me a day or two and I'll let you know,

Martin
dave turner wrote:
Perhaps someone running Templot 2.16b on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) under Wine could see if they have the same issue.

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768.

regards

Dave

posted: 30 Nov 2017 13:27

Martin Wynne

I have now modified the zoom to extents code to allow for the deeper top toolbar.

To make better use of the screen area, I reduced the margin allowance from 15% to 10%.

This is the before and after result, using Dave's transition curves plan:

2_300808_080000000.png2_300808_080000000.png

This will be in the next program update 217a, although as it is not urgent it may be a while before it is released. Now in update 217a.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 30 Nov 2017 23:39

Martin Dobbins

Memphis - Tennessee USA

Dave,
I've tried a couple of different plans including the one that Martin exampled for the next update.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problems with Zoom All that you found, I wonder if the issue is the size of screen rather than Wine/Ubuntu.

Martin

posted: 1 Dec 2017 00:18

Martin Wynne

Hi Martin,

If you reduce the height of the trackpad window, you will see the effect in my top screenshot when you zoom to fit all.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Dec 2017 00:42

Rob Manchester

Manchester - United Kingdom

Martin,

I run Win7/64 with 1920x1080 screen res. I couldn't see the issue as Zoom All seemed to work fine and avoid the button space.

If you resize the Templot window to different sizes it works fine until you reduce the height of the window to < approx 75% of the total desktop height. Then Zoom All uses the area under the 2nd row of buttons as part of the zoomed trackpad. Increase the window back to > 75% and Zoom All works fine again avoiding tresspassing onto the 2nd row button area. The 75% is probably possibly why Dave originally saw the issue as it would be about his window height ?

Rob

posted: 1 Dec 2017 00:51

Martin Wynne

Rob Manchester wrote:
The 75% is probably possibly why Dave originally saw the issue as it would be about his window height ?
Hi Rob,

Yes.

It has always always been that way, but the increased depth of the toolbar in 216 has made it more noticeable.

The 75% is not fixed, it is determined by the width:height aspect ratio of the full track plan.

Anyway, the issue is now fixed and will be in 217a.

Now in update 217a.

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Templot v 2.16b Zoom All
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020