topic: 3792Storing custom rail length and sleeper spacing information
author remove search highlighting

posted: 3 Oct 2020 08:50

Graham Long

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi 
I have just started having another go at constructing my track plan. When things go wrong and I don't know how to return to where I want to be I have been in the habit of just starting again again from stratch with a new project. My last road block was that when I wanted to start a new template the programme would only display a partial template and not the usual template that occurs when starting. As I am only at the beggining it seems to be the quickest way of doing it. However, each time I do this I have to redo the input information for my for my track panels i.e. 44'6'' with 18 sleepers per length. Is there a way to store this information somewhere on Templot so that I can retrieve it when I start a new project and thus I don't have to do it all over again?

Also when I rotated a section of plain track a little green spot was revealed what does this indicate?

posted: 4 Oct 2020 13:04

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Graham,

The way to save any customized data in Templot is to store a template containing it. Then save a BOX file containing that template.

That BOX file can then be added to any work you are doing, and the template(s) containing the data will be available, to copy them or access their data.

If you save the file with the name start.box , it will be loaded automatically when you start Templot.

Depending on how you want to access the data, you can store the template as an ordinary background template, as an unused template, or as a library template.

Often a convenient way is to store ordinary background template(s) in a negative quadrant on the grid (so that they don't get printed):

2_040753_130000000.png2_040753_130000000.png

A lot of the data from the stored template can be obtained directly from it into the control template.

For example if you store a template containing your custom sleeper spacings, you can get them into your current control template by clicking on it, and then obtain to the control > obtain these plain track spacings on its pop-up menu.

p.s. the green dot is the template datum for the current control template:

pad_symbols.pngpad_symbols.png

It's the grid location from which any shifts and rotations are calculated. It's useful to me when I'm working on the Templot program, but Templot users can ignore it. :)

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 4 Oct 2020 17:37

Igor Kurgan

Netherlands

topic 3739

This was making my life a lot easier!
Hope this helps, thanks to Martin, my two cents.

posted: 5 Oct 2020 06:15

Graham Long

Thanks Martin and Igor.

Your input makes things clearer

Templot Club > Forums > Baffled beginners > Storing custom rail length and sleeper spacing information
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020