topic: 755Background shapes
author remove search highlighting

posted: 7 Mar 2009 11:18

Alan Turner

Dudley - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Thinking about user preferences leads me to ask if a quirk of Templot could be looked at and improved please?

When I import a background picture, a map say, I don't always bother with calculating the scale. I adjust the picture by using the scale and shift options. However if the picture gets too big, that requires me to zoom, I have to close the Background shape box, zoom, open the background box and start again.

Any chance it could allow zooming without the need to close the background box?

I will probably be told now that I have missed something and I can do this all along!

Alan

posted: 7 Mar 2009 12:36

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Alan Turner wrote:
Any chance it could allow zooming without the need to close the background box?
Hi Alan,

You can't zoom on the workpad without shifting focus to it, which inevitably means it will come to the front. You could re-size the workpad window so that it doesn't obscure the background shapes window in the process, but that is really only practical if you have multiple monitors.

(Zooming the workpad also cancels any mouse action in force, because a change of zoom means the mouse action response setting must be changed.)

But you don't have to close the background shapes. Click on the workpad title bar at the top of the screen. That will shift focus to the workpad and you can then zoom or do anything else. (Clicking the workpad area instead of the title bar sets a position on the pad for the background shapes functions.)

Then to restart the previous shape mouse action, press BACKSPACE. When you complete the mouse action, the background shapes window will re-appear.

If it doesn't, press CTRL+S (Templot menu shortcut) or ALT+F6 a few times (standard Windows shortcut to swap windows).

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > I wish it would... > Background shapes
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020